Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012

DAY SEVEN – REASON SEVEN for @armano @edelmandigital to HIRE ME


I’m the only me there can ever be and only one firm can have this advantage.

While many would consider this nothing short of a blessing from the gods in my case; the general implications carry significant impact for organizations searching for that ever elusive proprietary advantage over their competition.

Patrick Lencioni, business thinker, consultant and creator of the management fable series points out that in the search for a true and proprietary competitive advantage there is only one place business can find something unique and exclusive to their organization; their staff.

Competitors have the same access to technology, research, and any other resource you can name, the only true differentiator are the people who work for you.  None of your competitors can duplicate the unique blend of talent, innovation and personalities present in your organization. 

Great leaders recognize individuals as the single most important building block for competitive advantage. My unique background brings experiences from a broad and uncommon professional history to @edelmandigital that no other individual can match.

I’ve got one of those slightly off-skew, not-off-the-rack types of career history we now celebrate as “Diverse.” 

Unlike most of my communications colleagues I began my career by creating and delivering messages as a tactical law enforcement officer and team lead and medic of an executive protection detail.  This taught me the value of thinking quickly on my feet and being able to focus on achieving objectives and goals in the face of extreme adversities.

I learned the value of teamwork in an environment where trusting your team meant trusting others with your life and those of your teammates.  Where late nights and weekends seemed rather trivial when compared to performing your duties while under direct hostile fire or after been hit and still being able to make the decisions that ensure clients’ and teams’ safety and wellbeing.

I apply these principles to my communications work and hold my clients’ safety (or brand wellbeing) as a primary focus when I relentlessly pursue client communication objectives.  I learned never to quit and never to give up and most importantly that you need to be willing to “hang it all out” for your clients everyday.  There is no halfway shortcut to success.

Also I have a near limitless repository of pretty cool stories and will tell them on demand.


Here’s a brief recap of the reasons David should hire me for Edelman Digital:
7. The only true competitive advantage is people
6. Good guy to have in tough situations
5. Multiple one-on-one endorsements for EDs work in the social biosphere
4. First person to stage social media execution
3. Edelman is hiring a VP Digital in NYC
2. Willing to sacrifice an entire consulting company to work with ED
1. I have a very expensive Harley Davidson Habit

No comments:

Post a Comment