Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2012

DAY TWENTY – REASON TWENTY to HIRE ME #publicrelations #socialmedia #mediarelations #communications I am a social business communications engineer



DAY twenty – REASON twenty to HIRE ME #publicrelations #socialmedia #mediarelations #communications I am a social business communications engineer

What is Going Here
For of those of you just joining the Execute an Outlaw Campaign – it started 19 days ago as a simple but creative idea to get David Armano’s attention at Edelman Digital.  The idea began simply enough; every day I would Tweet a reason to David for him to hire me. It grew from this simple idea into a sacrificial corporate event where I offered to kill off my Outlaw, my company for a dream job at Edelman Digital.

The campaign continues to receive coverage in many online publications and blogs with PR, marketing and communications folks sending me encouragements praising the campaign for its innovative approach to the age-old undertaking of finding a job.

Earlier this week when speaking with the CEO of well known public relations agency here in NY, he asked me, “Why choose Edelman, of all places?  Would you consider another agency or corporate position?” 

I’ve thought about what he said and decided I would absolutely consider another business provided the fit was right for both the organization and me, and so here we are at DAY TWENTY – no longer an exclusive offer to Edelman Digital. I have declared myself a free agent.


What About David Armano and Edelman?
Nineteen days ago I decided that David Armano was a PR executive with a very solid vision and grasp of where communications is headed and Edelman was therefore well positioned to capitalize on the social media phenomena sweeping our industry and the entire business environment.

Since then I have spoken with David and he has indeed sent me onward and upward through the maze that is Edelman’s HR machine. And so we meet and we wait and we meet and we wait, so despite my success in getting David’s attention and Edelman’s the process continues to grind at a glacier’s pace.

I have never been known for an abundance of patience when there is no sound business reason for waiting – so while I still think very highly of David and Edelman it is time to expand the campaign to include other PR agencies, non-profit organizations and businesses.

I founded a company two years ago called Outlaw Communications and have spent this time combining my years of public relations and business communications experience with an ever-growing and deepening understanding of the emerging social media environment.

I’m a veteran PR guy experienced with accounts both large and small in the corporate, agency and non-profit environments. I’ve worked with technology companies such as Dell, Apple and IBM as well as consumer products companies like Cadbury-Schweppes, Best Buy and Panasonic and financial services companies like GE Capital, Genworth Financial and Chase. 

I have both business to business and business to consumer experience in traditional and social media as well as content creation and communications services, such as media training, crisis planning and employee communications and change management.

So Give us Reason 20 Already
One of the most significant business challenges every organization faces from Fortune 10 through start-up is how to integrate existing communications with the tidal wave of technology called social media.

Whether your business is resurfacing asphalt roadways or building iPhone apps, or launching the next block-buster pharmaceutical drug; all organizations are interested in and struggling with the impacts of social media upon their businesses’ operations.

My unique combination of general public relations and communications experience and skills coupled with specific knowledge of social media will help your business decide what, if any, social media programs are crucial to your success.

I can help bring order from the social chaos and make sure all your public relations and communications work together, fit together and remain focused on achieving your business goals.  I am a social business communications engineer.

Semi-official & Wildly Inaccurate Running ROI:
By the tried an true media ad equivalent metrics used by our industry to demonstrate ROI to clients or another way to say it; “Making up the ratios as I go,” this 19 day campaign has garnered coverage in media properties generating more than 1,000,000 impressions.   In the past I’ve known clients to pay for such exposure.

Add to this the constant, and I have the Twitter elbow (if it’s not an injury it soon will be) to prove it, push through Twitter, LinkedIn, FaceBook, Pinterest, Stumble Upon, Tumblr, Wordpress, Storify and Blogspot, blogs, Foursquare and Photobucket, two motorcycle social media sites, PlanCast, Tungle, a Senator, Two Congresspersons, three NY City Councilors, numerous government and military personnel, several other PR agencies and no less than five Fortune 20 companies. 

Here’s a brief recap of the reasons to hire me:
2. Willing to sacrifice an entire consulting company to work with ED
1. I have a very expensive Harley Davidson Habit


No comments:

Post a Comment