Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Reason Five @edelmandigital @armano To HIRE ME


Welcome to Day Five Reason Five for @edelmandigital and @armano to hire me.  For those just joining my little version of Mr. Toad’s wild ride to a new career; I am embarked upon a social media driven campaign to get David Armano at Edelman Digital to hire me. 

Reason Five to Hire Me:  Over the last five days I surely must rank as one of @edelmandigital most prolific evangelists for its social media capabilities. Over the past five days I’ve sat with a Congressman, two NY City politicians, Senator’s staff, senior communications executives from a Fortune 20 company and three national cause-related non-profit organizations

Here’s a brief recap of the reasons David should hire me for Edelman Digital:
5. Multiple one-on-one endorsements for EDs work in the social biosphere
4. First person to stage social media execution
3. Edelman is hiring a VP Digital in NYC
2. Willing to sacrifice an entire consulting company to work with ED
1. I have a very expensive Harley Davidson Habit

I’ve spent, well let’s say many years, dedicated to honing my communications skills and brining interesting, innovative and eye-catching, attention-getting public relations and marketing campaigns to clients ranging from IBM and Dell to Governments, small businesses and every type of organization in between.

For the last two years I’ve been earning and learning my way through the social media landscape, which I call the Social Biosphere.  I’ve come to view social media as an emerging operating environment that extends far beyond merely another media channel or medium. While it will never replace traditional one-to-many marketing operations the social biosphere marks a significant evolution in how organizations and individuals can, do and will interact all within new operating environment.  The challenges for organizations are significant as they seek to understand and interact with stakeholders within what amounts to a new social dynamic born of an emerging cultural change enabled by social media technology.

The opportunities for all organizations are legion however, I believe it remains the task of our industry to drive not only the adoption and use of social media but also the most basic cultural understandings of what social media means on the cultural level. 

The social media phenomena is at heart and is most basically a sociological and cultural communications evolution, not a technological movement.

Based on what I’ve learned and experienced over my career and specifically over the last two years immersed in social media communications, Edelman Digital is best positioned to be the communications company that leads the social media evolution both as a dominate industry player and in helping organizations understand and capitalize on the myriad opportunities presented by this environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment